Choosing the U of S
Why Choose Pharmacy and Nutrition at the U of S?
- The City of Saskatoon is a friendly, safe, clean, affordable, culturally and multiculturally active, beautiful riverbank city. It is one of the most desirable cities in Canada in which to live. Both winter and summer are noteworthy for the number of days of bright, sunny weather; most years have more than 2000 hours of sunshine!
- The University of Saskatchewan is the university of choice for approximately 19,000 undergraduates and graduate students from across Canada and 70 other countries around the world. Our outstanding and diverse faculty and staff number around 7,500.
- U of S grads have a great reputation for being well-rounded, hard-working and down-to-earth; they are highly recruited by employers.
- The Campus is beautiful and renowned for its striking gothic architecture, traditional greystone buildings, majestic elm trees and river view.
- A full range of services is provided to students, including excellent library facilities, Health Centre, Counselling Services, International Student Advisor and many others.
- The University offers over 100 areas of study including has five other health science colleges (Dentistry, Kinesiology, Medicine, including Physical Therapy, Nursing and Veterinary Medicine), health science departments such as Anatomy and Cell Biology and Biochemistry, natural and agricultural science and the Toxicology Research Centre. Hospitals, Cancer Centre, Public Health Services, other health care facilities and an outstanding research park are adjacent to the campus, including the Canadian Light Source synchrotron, a national resource for researchers. Our College collaborates in teaching, research and graduate studies with PharmaDerm and the research institute PharmaLytics.
You Will be Choosing Outstanding Professions
- Pharmacy and Nutrition are dynamic, challenging disciplines.
- Our graduates are committed to the prevention and treatment of disease.
- Career opportunities in both fields are excellent and grads are in high demand.
- You'll gain the essential knowledge, skills and attributes to be leaders, discoverers and contributors to your profession.
- Joining of two health science disciplines - Pharmacy and Nutrition - is unique in Canada and provides exciting opportunities for collaboration in teaching, research and service activities.
Our Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Distinguished, dedicated and supportive faculty
- Knowledgeable and helpful support staff
- Energetic, enthusiastic, caring undergraduate and graduate student organizations
- Programs encourages interaction with instructors and facilitate a strong sense of belonging
- State-of-the-art Patient-Focused Professional Skills Teaching Facility
- Computer Learning and Resources Centre
- Affiliated professional services such as the Saskatchewan Drug Information Service and the Nutrition Resource and Volunteer Centre that contribute to the students’ learning experiences
- Opportunities to use facilities in other Colleges (e.g., labs, specialized equipment)
- Access to facilities in hospitals and other agencies that provide great learning experiences
Support for Students
- A friendly "Open Door" philosophy of faculty and staff
- Resources, programs and other supports for graduate students, coordinated by our Assistant Dean (Undergraduate Affairs) and Dean (Research and Graduate Affairs)
- Opportunities to interact with professionals in the field and professional organizations
- Over 60 scholarships and bursaries available specifically to Pharmacy and Nutrition undergraduates, in addition to the University-wide awards
- Major scholarships and additional awards available for graduate students
Some of the Exciting Opportunities
- Find out about post-graduate residencies and graduate studies in Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Meet visiting students from abroad
- Get involved in CAPSI (Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns)
- Apply for summer foodservice management internships at major universities in the U.S.A.
- Meet student researchers at the annual Life and Health Sciences Research Conference
- Learn about international work placements and programs
...and many others, check out the College News & Events