Graduate Program in Nutrition
Online applications are accepted for graduate study in pharmacy at any time during the year. Graduate programs usually begin in September; however, students may also apply to begin their programs in January or May.
Students are encouraged to identify and contact a potential supervising faculty member that fits their research interests prior to application. Current information on faculty and specific research programs can be found on our College website at the following web address: http://www.usask.ca/pharmacy-nutrition/gradprograms/index.php.
What graduate degrees are available?
- Master’s of Science in Nutrition, of approximately 24 months duration
- Ph.D. in Nutrition, of approximately 4 years duration.
Nutrition Graduate Faculty (Faculty Considering Graduate Students, Including Adjunct Faculty)
|Dr. Brian Bandy||Nutritional Biochemisty, Bioenergetics|
|Dr. Shawna Berenbaum||Community Nutrition, Nutrition Education, Dietetics|
|Dr. Carol Henry||Nutrition Intervention, Foodservice Administration|
|Dr. Phyllis Paterson||Nutritional Regulation of Antioxidant Defense in Stroke|
|Dr. Hassan Vatanparast||Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Heath, Nutrition and Chronic Diseases|
|Dr. Susan Whiting||Clinical Nutrition, Toxicology, Nutritional Epidemiology, Osteoporosis|
|Dr. Gordon Zello||Metabolism, Clinical Nutrition, Dietary Assessment|
- For summary information on Nutrition research programs, please see RESEARCH PROGRAMS.
- For information on the Nutrition graduate program and classes, please see the Nutrition Graduate Courses section of the U of S Course Calendar and the Graduate Student Guide.
- To obtain an application form, please see Application Procedures.
- For general information on graduate studies, please see College of Graduate Studies and Research or contact the Graduate Students' Association.
We welcome your inquiries! For more information on graduate programs, please call (306) 966-6327 or e-mail Grad-Pharmacy-Nutrition@usask.ca.