About the Network
Initiated at the University of Saskatchewan in 2011, the Public Health Nutrition Research Network is a team of researchers and public health professionals with a mission to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities by:
- Fostering a better understanding of the causes and determinants of nutrition issues through cross-disciplinary and collaborative public health nutrition research
- Sharing knowledge and experience with researchers, students, health professionals, service providers, community members, and decision-makers.
For more information on the Network, please contact our current chair, Dr. Hassan Vatanparast.
- Dr. Hassan Vatanparast (Chair), College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Dr. Susan Whiting, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Dr. Shawna Berenbaum, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Dr. Carol Henry, College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
- Dr. Rachel Engler-Stringer, College of Medicine
- Naomi Shanks, Provincial Public Health Nutrition Consultant, Saskatchewan Health