Presidential Search Update 4
|Presidential Search||Update #4||November 28, 2011|
U of S faculty, staff and students,
The search for the next president for the University of Saskatchewan remains on course. To date, we have completed two of the phases and would like to report to you on what has happened and what you can expect over the next few months.
- Search preparation and consultation (May – June 2011): This phase is now complete. Through public town halls both on and off campus, and through comment cards and online submissions, we gathered valuable feedback that helped to inform the search process as we moved ahead.
- Candidate recruitment and debriefing (summer to early fall 2011): This phase is also complete. Working with our search consultant, Janet Wright and Associates, potential candidates were recruited.
- Evaluation of candidates (mid-to-late fall 2011): This phase is in progress. Although the search is confidential in nature, which becomes even more important during this phase, I am pleased to report that candidates have given us very positive feedback on the University of Saskatchewan, including our governance and the beauty of our campus.
- Decision, report to the board and recommendation (late 2011 to early 2012): This phase is upcoming. During this time, a number of events celebrating President MacKinnon and his legacy of leadership at the U of S will also take place. More information about these events will be available in early 2012.
- New president takes office: July 1, 2012
For more information about the search committee members and the search process, please visit www.usask.ca/presidentialsearch. We will continue to provide updates at regular intervals as we move into future phases.
Nancy E. Hopkins, Q.C. (Hon) C.A.
Chair of the Board of Governors and
Chair, Search Committee for the President
For more information, contact Norma McBain, Office of the University Secretary, at 966-4635.