Website: Edwards School of Business
All courses are offered at the Edwards School of Business.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Leading to a professional general management graduate degree, the Edwards MBA’s intensive and highly integrated format will develop management ability in an applied and useful way. A student will learn the people skills of management: how to manage oneself and others; how to communicate effectively; how to lead. The Edwards MBA is a highly integrated program designed to meet the needs of individuals whose undergraduate education has been in either business or academic disciplines other than business, and whose future careers are likely to involve managerial activities.
The Edwards MBA can be completed in only 12 months if taken full time, or part time in up to 36 months. A decidedly unique aspect of this innovative MBA program is the focused learning and integration of business concepts. Each course is offered consecutively in a modular format. Courses are scheduled in three week durations creating an intensive learning environment that immerses students in the subject area while allowing flexibility in scheduling your MBA education. Furthermore, our students learn how business concepts are integrated into business decisions through a combination of applied courses, exercises, case studies and projects incorporating each functional business area.
The Edwards MBA Program offers an optional Internship Program to those Edwards MBA students hoping to gain relevant work experience in their field of interest. The program consists of two four-month work terms starting in January of the first year of study. As an internship student who secures a work placement (placements are not guaranteed), you will register in two permission-only MBA courses (MBA 879.0 and MBA 882.0), and will be a paid, full-time employee gaining meaningful work experience related to your area of study. Learn More!
A unique opportunity exists for students to complete dual M.B.A. and M.D. degrees. This opportunity is available to students accepted into the College of Medicine, allowing them to apply to and if accepted, complete an M.B.A. degree in addition to the M.D. degree. For further information on the M.B.A. admission and program requirements, please see below. For further information on the College of Medicine admission and program requirements please visit the College of Medicine website and the M.D. section of this Catalogue.
Prospective students seeking more information about the Master of Business Administration program at the Edwards School of Business are invited to visit the Edwards MBA website at www.edwardsmba.ca or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- recommended minimum score of 500 Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- minimum 600 TOEFL score paper-based; 250 computer-based; 97-100 internet-based test; IELTS – score of 6.5 required
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- three confidential letters of recommendation (two academic and one professional)
- current Resume detailing positions held and a description of responsibilites
- applicants will participate in an interview with the M.B.A. selection committee
- GSR 960.0
- GSR 961.0 if research involves human subjects
- GSR 962.0 if research involves animal subjects
A minimum 45 credit units including:
- MBA 803.3
- MBA 813.3
- MBA 819.3
- MBA 825.3
- MBA 828.3
- MBA 829.3
- MBA 830.3
- MBA 846.3
- MBA 865.3
- MBA 870.3
- MBA 877.3
- MBA 878.3
- MBA 883.3
- MBA 889.3
- MBA 992.3