Master of Arts (M.A.)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English. See the College of Graduate Studies and Research Academic Information and Policies in this Catalogue for more information.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents. See department website for application and deadline details.
Students must maintain continuous registration in FREN 994. Courses, essays, thesis, and defence are in French.
- GSR 960.0
- GSR 961.0 if research involves human subjects
- GSR 962.0 if research involves animal subjects
- a minimum of 15 credit units chosen in consultation with the department, not including any undergraduate courses taken to satisfy course prerequisites
- FREN 994.0 thesis
- Successful oral thesis defence