Website: Department of Political Studies
Master of Arts (M.A.)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English. See the College of Graduate Studies and Research Academic Information and Policies in this Catalogue for more information
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course. Course offerings will vary from year to year, depending upon student demand and faculty avaliability.
- GSR 960.0
- GSR 961.0 if research involves human subjects
- GSR 962.0 if research involves animal subjects
- A minimum of 12 credit units including:
- POLS 815.3
- POLS 819.3
- Six additional credit units, as chosen with the approval of the Advisory Committee.
- POLS 990.0
- POLS 994.0