Continuing Education and Development for Nurses (CEDN)
Continuing Education and Development for Nurses (CEDN) is a division of the College of Nursing.
CEDN identifies, develops, coordinates, delivers, and evaluates education for nurses and other health care providers that work in Saskatchewan and beyond. Our programs promote lifelong learning, the maintenance of competencies and quality of care and are accessible to professionals throughout their careers.
In addition to standardized professional development programming, CEDN responds to requests for development of education sessions to meet targeted learning needs.
Opportunities for professional growth include:
- A wide variety of learning events offered on a provincial, regional, or local basis, including conferences, e-learning events, workshops, and telehealth interactive sessions.
- CEDN presented conferences or CEDN contracted conference planning services.
- Regional workshops on such topics as Foot Care, Physical Assessment and ECG Interpretation, for example.
- Specific Gerontology events supported by Saskatchewan Health.
- E-learning events supported by CEDN, Saskatchewan Health and Saskatchewan Learning
- A Perinatal Program jointly offered through Continuing Education and Development for Nurses and Continuing Professional Learning with the College of Medicine.