MATH 121: Mathematical Analysis for Business and Economics
- An introduction to mathematics for business and economics students using examples from business to motivate mathematical techniques. Necessary mathematical terms and concepts are developed, but emphasis is on applications to business with sufficient theory to support applications. Topics: algebraic functions, mathematics of finance, analysis of functions, differential and integral calculus.
- Credit units
- Term description
- Arts and Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Enrolment in the Edwards School of Business.
- Mathematics B30 and C30; or Foundations of Mathematics 30 or Pre-Calculus 30 (Pre-Calculus 30 preferred); or MATH 102 or MATH 104.
- Students may have credit for only one of MATH 110, 121, 123, or 125. Arts & Science students needing 6 credit units of 100-level calculus should take MATH 110 followed by MATH 116.