WRIT 803: Extended Forms Capstone Workshop
- This course focuses on the conceptualizing of a book-length manuscript of prose (fiction or creative nonfiction) or poetry. It is also a course meant to sharpen editing skills and the ability to construct a theoretical basis for a writing project as well as situating that writing project within its broader literary context. The theory and informing aesthetic of behind the writing project will be articulated in an Artist’s Statement. Each student will also be required to present a graduating craft talk, based on their writing project and open to other MFA students in the program. The student presenting the craft talk will be, in essence, teaching craft, using his or her own writing as a basis.
- Credit units
- Term description
- Graduate and Postdoc Studies
- Interdisc Cntr Culture Creat
- Permission of the Program Coordinator is required
- Entry in the M.F.A. in Writing program is required.
- WRIT 800, WRIT 801, WRIT 802.