Kinesiology Current Studies and Projects
Adapted Physical Activity
- Trying on different roles: the meaning of physical well being in disability identity development.
- The experience of a lifetime - a disability youth exchange.
- The bodily experience of disability in dance.
- The metaphorical intersection of sickness, disability, and physical wellness.
- The impact of personal and social
environmental factors on short and long term physically active behaviours
of in cardiac rehabilitation population.
- Research in biomechanics focuses
primarily on computer simulation of athletic movements. Currently, optimized
simulation work is being conducted in the areas of springboard diving,
golf, and gymnastics.