A list of standard operating procedures that may also be applicable to your workplace is available through the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System (HSEMS). Please contact an HSEMS Consultant at HSEMS@usask.ca or visit their website at http://www.usask.ca/hsems.
The National Cancer Institute has a Cancer Models Database available for use. A Cancer Images Database is also available. The caMOD database allows one to: 1. Search Models - Query the Cancer Models database for models submitted by fellow researchers. Retrieve information about the making of models, their genetic description, histopathology, derived cell lines, associated images, carcinogenic agents, and therapeutic trials. Links to associated publications and other resources are provided. 2. Submit Models - Submit your model for human cancer. Animal models recapitulate many aspects of the genesis, progression, and clinical course of human cancers and are valuable resources to cancer researchers engaged in a variety of investigations.
Prairie Diagnostic Services (PDS)
Prairie Diagnostic Services Inc. (PDS) is a non-profit corporation funded by the Province of Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan. PDS provides client-focused veterinary laboratory services and expertise in support of animal health diagnostics, research, teaching and surveillance. The provincial veterinary laboratory is based at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine.
To submit a sample, please refer to the PDS Sumbission Form page, or for more information, please visit the PDS website. A complete list of the diagnostic tests offered at PDS as well as many of the referred out tests are listed in their test guide.
- Canadian Council on Animal Care
- CCAC guidelines on: euthanasia of animals used in science
- Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research
- CCAC guidelines on the care and use of farm animals in research, teaching and testing
- CCAC Details on the implementation of the farm animals guidelines
- Canadian Assoication for Laboratory Animal Science
- Canadian Association for Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Canadian Federation of Humane Societies
- Partners in Research
- Canadians for Health Research
- Scientists Center for Animal Welfare, USA
- Animal Welfare Information Center, USA