Award of Innovation
Sponsored by Innovation Place and the Industry Liaison Office
The University of Saskatchewan Industry Liaison Office (ILO) and Innovation Place are jointly sponsoring the Award of Innovation to recognize the transference of University of Saskatchewan discoveries into the marketplace. It honours those individuals who have created new concepts, processes or products that have been commercialized.
Making a Difference – To make a difference in the coming decade, the innovative abilities of the University are being translated into economic prosperity and social well being. The University continues to generate world-class research. One of ILO's objectives is to move research discoveries at the University of Saskatchewan out of the lab and into the market. In cooperation with Innovation Place, the research park which houses much of the innovation-based development whose discoveries are impacting the marketplace in Saskatoon, we have established the Award of Innovation; in order to encourage researchers to adopt positive attitudes with respect to commercialization.
Award of Innovation – If in the sole discretion of the Selection Committee, there are suitable candidates, the award will consist of:
- A cash award of $10,000 to be shared equally by the innovators
- A photo on the Award of Innovation wall at the ILO
- A trophy for personal possession
The award will be presented at the Celebrate Success Gala hosted by the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce in the spring of each year.
Selection Criteria – the committee will use the following criteria in selecting the Award of Innovation:
- Novelty: how unique and new is the innovation? Has the innovation expanded the area to which it applies?
- Commercial impact: what are the potential markets for the innovation? Does the innovation have the ability to generate economic benefits?
Selection Committee – The selection committee will consist of three people:
- one representative from Innovation Place
- one representative from ILO and
- one representative from University of Saskatchewan
Submissions – Nominations and supporting material must be submitted to the ILO in an envelope marked “CONFIDENTIAL” to:
Industry Liaison Office
Office of the Vice-President Research
Suite 501 - 121 Research Drive
Saskatoon, SK S7N 1K2
Phone: (306) 966-1465
Facsimile: (306) 966-7806
The closing date is February 17, 2012. All information submitted will be confidentially maintained.
(Last Updated on Jan. 18, 2012)