Business Plan Competition
Tech Venture Challenge
The University of Saskatchewan Industry Liaison Office (ILO) annual business plan competition is an opportunity for entrepreneurs to launch their technology-based business idea. Tech Venture Challenge is open to anyone with a University of Saskatchewan affiliation -employees, researchers, students and alumni - who want to take their technology idea and translate it into a business.
The completion runs from mid-October through to the end of April each year. Completing an on-line application is the first step. In early December, all of the applications are reviewed by a panel of external judges and 10 finalists are chosen to move to the next stage of the competition.
From mid-December to May, all of the finalists receive mentorship, guidance, and training to help with the development of their business plan and their pitch to the judges.
With thanks to our sponsors:
- The Grand Prize winner receives $50,000 from the U of S Industry Liaison Office and office space from Innovation Place to help get their new venture off the ground.
- 2nd Place and 3rd place teams will also receive prize money (amounts to be announced soon) sponsored PwC, Mariner Innovations, and Affinity Credit Union.
The top three finalists are also offered professional services from Deloitte and banking services from RBC Royal Bank. The Graduate Students' Association is sponsoring a $10,000 low interest loan to a Graduate student team selected by the Tech Venture judges.
Tech Venture Challenge 2015
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Application: Complete fillable PDF
- Timeline and Workshops (coming soon)
- Sponsors (coming soon)
Past Tech Venture Challenge winners
Past Tech Venture Challenge finalists
- One Story
- Open Mind Development
- Farm At Hand
- Indie Ink Publishing
- Triumf Rewards
- TeraWatt Innovations Inc.
- Medinstructional Resources Inc.
- INS Innovations Inc.