Business Plan Competition
Tech Venture Challenge Eligibility Guidelines
How do you WIN?
Submit a business pthat includes actionable operational, marketing and financing plans based on sound technology that has identified commercial potential.
Who can WIN?
- Individuals or Teams, as long as the Team Leader has a U of S affiliation. (students, post-doc, alumni, faculty and staff (ILO staff not eligible).
- The business idea must be technology based
- Business Start-Up must be located in Saskatchewan
- Must commit to participate in all Tech Venture Challenge training workshops and programs.
- If it is an existing company, the company must have been in operation less than one year; and cannot be a subsidiary of an existing company.
What Technology can WIN?
Any technology that adds higher value to products or services or creates new product or services can win. This technology can be in any sector - for example; ICT, Life Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Environmental.
New GSA Legacy Fund
The Graduate Students' Association (GSA) has partnered with the Industry Liaison Office (ILO) and the Wilson Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence to create a "GSA Legacy Fund". This three-year fund will be an ongoing way for the GSA to give back to grad students, supporting their entrepreneurial goals and creative skills. Two low interest loans of $10,000 each will be granted to graduate students entering either the Tech Venture Challenge or i3 Idea Challenge. The recipients will be chosen by the judges of each respective business planning competition. Specific repayment terms of these loans will be negotiable, depending on the needs of the start-up.
For more information, please contact Laurel Reich, 306-966-1465.
(Last Updated on September 4, 2014)