Business Plan Competition
2014 Tech Venture Challenge Timeline and Workshops
- May 2, 2014 - Final business plan submissions due due 5:00pm NO EXCEPTIONS
- May 15, 2014 - Pitch to Judges to select top 3 finalists
- May 22, 2014 - Finale - Top 3 finalists pitch and winner announced.
2014 i3 Idea Challenge is a business idea competition for U of S students through the Wilson Centre. The i3 and TVC work together, as two separate competitions supporting entrepreneurship for the University of Saskatchewan. Throughout the competitions, workshops, training and networking opportunities are offered to all Tech Venture Challenge and i3 Idea Challenge participants, and we encourage everyone to take advantage of these learning experiences.
TVC 2014 Workshops121 Research Dr., 5th floor, Innovation Place, Saskatoon, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- December 18, 2013 - Business Planning workshop (full day)
- January 7, 2014 - workshop - Intellectual Property and Legal Documents
- January 21, 2014 - workshop - Market Feasibility and Market Entry Plan
- February 4, 2014 - workshop - Branding and Web Presence
- February 12, 2014 - workshop - Financing your Tech Company
- **February 26, 2014 - workshop - Building pro-forma financials
- March 5, 2014 - workshop - Writing Skills
- March 25, 2014 - workshop - Business Launch
- April 2, 2014 - workshop - Investor Readiness
- **April 9, 2014 - workshop - Pitching and Presenting
- Week of April 14 - 18, 2014 - One on one pitch meetings with each team
- April 22, 2014 - Pitch practices
Finalists of TVC may attend i3 Workshops (and are encouraged to - there is no cost but you must register)
Go to 2014 i3 Idea Challenge Workshops to register and for more information.Roy Romanow Council Chambers (Room 110.3), Upper Place Riel, # 1 Campus Drive, 5:00 - 7:00 pm
- February 12, 2014 - Laying the Groundwork - Exploring your goals, strengths/weaknesses and where to find resources.
- **February 26, 2014 - Cash flow projections & Startup costs
- March 5, 2014 - Market Feasibility & Demand - Who is going to buy? What is the size of the market?
- March 19, 2014 - Taking the leap - Startup questions answered by successful local entrepreneurs
- **April 9, 2014 - Pitching and Presenting
** combined TVC and i3 workshops to be held at Roy Romanow Council Chambers.
For more information, please contact Laurel Reich, 306-966-4851.
(Last Updated on March 14, 2013)