Tips for Successful Award Nominations
- Read the Call for Nominations carefully. Check the criteria to make sure that your nominee is eligible for the award.
- Check the deadline and method of submission (electronic or hard copy).
- Make sure the dean of your department and/or any other university official who needs to be involved knows about and approves your intention to nominate the individual.
- If only one nomination is permitted from an institution, contact the Awards Facilitator as soon as possible.
- Develop a checklist of documents that need to be provided and find out how many copies of each document are required.
- If confidentiality is not an award requirement, immediately enlist the help of the nominee. The nominee is the most useful source of information in the development of any nomination.
- Start early. Ask for letters of support as soon as possible.
- If you would like editorial assistance in developing a nomination, contact the Awards Facilitator well ahead of the nomination deadline.