Faculty Recognition Advisory Committee
The University of Saskatchewan Faculty Recognition Advisory Committee was established to act as an advisory body on the nomination of faculty at the U of S for external award and prize opportunities as well as memberships in scholarly societies. The objective of the Committee is to assist the Awards Officer in increasing the number of successful external faculty nominations.
Terms of Reference
The Committee will be comprised of:
- President or designate – Chair
- VPR or designate
- Vice-Provost, Faculty Relations
- Three senior faculty members, one representing each of the Tri-Agencies (CIHR, SSHRC, NSERC), selected from among: Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada, Fellows of the Canadian Academy of Engineering, Fellows of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences, or Tier 1 Canada Research Chairs. Members will be asked to serve for a term of three years.
- NSERC Representative
- CIHR Delegate
- SSHRC Leader
- Director of Research Services
- Director of Research Communications
- To review potential candidates for identified external awards and prizes of priority to the U of S and to provide guidance on selection of nominees (members may feel free to make nomination suggestions).
- Assist in the development of strategies for identifying potential nominees, and of protocols that support the nomination and administration of external awards and prizes.
Administrative support for the Committee will be provided by the Awards Office.
The Committee will meet twice per year (in January and June) or as required at the call of the Chair.
The outcomes of nominations will be monitored by the Committee. Terms of Reference will be reviewed every two years, as required.