Are you interested in engaging with our students outside of career fairs and information sessions? There is potential to be involved in aspects of our career and employment programming such as:
IndustryTalks - Be an employer panelist/sponsor:
- Health Care and Research, Friday, Feb. 28th, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Cathy Cole, U of S alumni, Kaizen Specialist, Saskatchewan Health Quality Council, http://hqc.sk.ca/
- Jeff Cutting, Employment Consultant, Saskatoon Health Region, http://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca/
- Charlene Haver, Health Research Facilitator and Innovation Analyst, Office of the Associate Vice-President Research - Health, University of Saskatchewan / Vice-President Research and Innovation, Saskatoon Health Regionhttp://www.usask.ca/vpresearch/our_office/assocvphealth/
- Community-based Organizations, Friday, Mar. 14th, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Ashley Kayseas, Director of Aboriginal Relations, United Way (Saskatoon & Area), unitedwaysaskatoon.ca
- Elaine Weisgerber, Executive Director, Student Wellness Initiative toward Community Health (SWITCH), www.switchclinic.ca
- Lisa Malowany, Manager, Saskatchewan Association of Rehabilitation Centres (SARC), http://www.sarcsarcan.ca/
- Toran Dobni, U of S Alumni, Executive Director, Share the Wake, http://www.wakeuplakeapparel.com/
- Government, Friday, Jan. 31st, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Jenny Ly, HR Consultant, Recruitment a Diversity, Human Resources, SGI, www.sgi.sk.ca
- Mike Voth, Human Resources Consultant, HR Department, City of Saskatoon,www.saskatoon.ca
- Kiley Gottselig, HR Manager - Talent Sourcing, Human Resources, http://www.sasktel.com/
- Clarence Yam, Manager, Recruitment and Diversity, Public Service Commission, Government of Saskatchewan, http://www.careers.gov.sk.ca/
- Advanced Technology and Startups, Friday, Nov. 8th, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Dustin Weeres, Co-founder, Interaction Designer, Island - Design for startups. http://weareisland.com/
- Dan Coode, Business Manager, Cable Network Products at SED Systems. http://www.sedsystems.ca/
- CANCELLED, Kendal Netmaker, Owner, Neechie Gear, a lifestyle clothing brand with a nonprofit arm, NG Athletics Club Inc. http://www.neechiegear.com/
- Zafer Bashi, Technology Transfer Officer - Start-ups, Industry Liaison Office (ILO). http://www.usask.ca/research/ilo/
- Environment and Energy, Friday, Oct. 25th, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Al Scholz, Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists, (SIA),http://www.sia.sk.ca/; professionals in Agriculture, Bioresources, Food & the Environment
- Gabriela da Costa Silva, Ph.D. EcoNomics Lead - Sustainable Project Delivery Lead, Saskatchewan Business Unit, Edmonton Operations, WorleyParsons Canada, www.worleyparsons.com
- Jeff Shewchuk, Area Manager, Environmental Services, Tervita Corporation, www.tervita.com; a leading North American environmental and energy services company.
- Margret Asmuss, Sustainability Coordinator, Office of Sustainability, Facilities Management, University of Saskatchewan, http://facilities.usask.ca/sustainability/
- Lawrence Pinter, President of Pinter & Associates - PINTER provides consulting services in the environmental, geotechnical, municipal engineering sectors and in safety consulting. Lawrence is also the Past-President of the SEIMA Board of Directors, Saskatchewan Environmental Industry and Managers Association (SEIMA), http://www.seima.sk.ca/
- Mining and Oil and Gas, Friday, Oct. 4th, Panel members and sponsors included:
- Anne Gent, Environmental Scientist - Compliance and Licensing Group/ Co-chair of Women in Mining and Women in Nuclear Saskatchewan, Cameco, http://www.cameco.com/
- Len Kaskiw, General Manager Colonsay, Mosaic, www.mosaicco.com
- Sara Harrison, Manager - Resource Planning & Development in Saskatoon, BHP Billiton, http://www.bhpbilliton.com/
We are always open to suggestions of how you would like to be involved with our students. We encourage you to contact us with your ideas.
Student Societies and Clubs
Connect with the various student groups on campus.
Advertise Across Campus
Plasma screens are located throughout the Place Riel Student Centre and the following University buildings: Colleges of Agriculture, Engineering, Health Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, and the Memorial Union Building.
Advertising on these screens allows your company greater visibility across campus. Your message can be displayed over 15 times per hour!
Place Riel and "The Tunnel" receive over 22,000 trips daily. The Tunnel, which connects the Place Riel Student Centre to the Arts Building, is one of the busiest areas on campus! Information tables located in The Tunnel are available for rent on a daily or weekly basis. To book a table please do so through the USSU Information Centre, by calling 306.966.6988, and ask for Poonam.
The Edwards School of Business also offers space for employer hallway visits.
The Edwards School of Business offers three mentorship programs:
- Undergraduate Edwards Mentorship Program
- MBA/MSc. Finance e-Mentorship Program
- Womentorship Program (includes areas such as Art, Business, Education, Engineering and Law)
The Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM) offers an Undergraduate Mentorship Program.
The College of Medicine offers two mentorship programs: