Hire an International Student
International students and graduates make up a large portion of the University of Saskatchewan’s student body and bring unique characteristics and benefits to the hiring pool.
Hiring international students and graduates has become much easier in recent years. Hiring an international student is not too complicated or time-consuming to be worthwhile. It is important that employers do not overlook the benefits and potential that international students have to offer!
Why Hire an International Student?
Hiring an international student or graduate can provide your organization with many benefits, including:
- Diverse knowledge and skills that are not available in the local labour pool
- International experience with a global perspective
- A culturally diverse organization and a representative workforce
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages
- Ability to adapt to new environments and cultures
- Additional knowledge and skills that Canadian students and graduates may not have, due to the international education and work experience that international students often possess
- Ability to fill the demand for skilled workers that cannot be filled by Canadian graduates alone
- "Domestic students want to work for forward thinking, diverse companies. Therefore, hiring international students and graduates can also have a positive impact on the domestic hiring process." - Hayne, Western University
How to Get Started
Please visit the Eligibility to Work page on the uSask website for more information on the Government of Canada's international student employment policies.