Yanping LiAssistant Professor, School of Environment and Sustainability and Global Institute for Water Security
- Doctor of Philosophy in Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate Dynamics, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University
- Master of Philosophy, Department of Geology and Geophysics, Yale University
- Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science and Computer Science, Sun Yet-Sen University, China
Regional climate modelling; mesoscale dynamics; boundary layer meteorology; air-sea interaction
- Yanping Li, Richard E. Carbone, 2012: Excitation of rainfall over the tropical western Pacific. J. Atmos. Sci., Vol. 69, No. 10, 2983–2994.
- Yanping Li, Ronald B. Smith, 2010: The detection and significance of diurnal pressure and Potential Vorticity anomalies east of the Rockies, J. Atmos. Sci., Vol.67, No. 9, 2734–2751.
- Yanping Li, Ronald B. Smith, 2010: Observation and theory of the diurnal continental tide, J. Atmos. Sci., Vol. 67, No. 9, 2752–2765.
- Yanping Li, Ronald B. Smith, and Vanda Grubišić, 2009: Using surface pressure variations to categorize diurnal valley circulations: Experiments in Owens Valley, Mon. Wea. Rev., Vol. 137, No. 6, 1753–1769.
- F. J. Robinson, S. C. Sherwood, and Y. Li, 2008: Resonant Response of Deep Convection to Surface Hot Spots, J. Atmos. Sci., 65, 276-286.