Student Health and Counselling Services
4th floor Place Riel
Manager: Lynn Kuffner
3rd floor Place Riel
Manager: Terrie Fitzpatrick
Student Health and Counselling Services is comprised of two complementary services.
Student Counselling Services offers support to students whose concerns are interfering with day-to-day functioning and efforts to deal with the problem have not made enough of a difference. Support is offered in a variety of ways:
- short-term individual, couple and group counselling for students.
- Consultation Services and professional advice to members of the University community about assisting distressed students.
- Treatment Material
- Mental Health Education
Student Health Services is a primary health care centre that offers medical treatment for students, their spouses or partners and their dependents. Services include:
- Urgent and non-urgent medical treatment
- Health reviews and assessments
- Mental health assessment and counselling
- Birth control and pregnancy testing
- Nutrition counselling
- Sexual health care including STI prevention, testing, and treatment
- Body image and disordered eating concerns
- Health Education
Fees for the following services are partially covered through the student health plan:
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic care