Information for Instructors
The Student and Enrolment Services Division’s mission is student success. Our goal is to work collaboratively with the University of Saskatchewan community to support and advance the quality of students’ academic career as they pass through the phases of enquiry, admission, registration, graduation, and beyond.
This guide is an attempt to cement that collaborative relationship with you, the faculty members, term appointees and sessional lecturers, Department Heads and Chairs, College advisors and administrators, and Departmental and College support staff. We hope that the guide will help you to navigate your way through the regulations and procedures of the University whatever your role might be. These regulations and procedures are already available to all of us but are distributed in many places—Calendar, web sites, University Council documents, policy statements, etc.—that we sometimes have difficulty knowing where to look for them.
Most of the information you will need to access can be found under the Information for Instructors and Staff tab, but there is additional information available throughout the website. The Events tab provides information on all of the University’s major events, including convocation. A list of SESD units can direct you to more information regarding student recruitment and co-op and internship programs. The Policies tab will provide important information on student privacy and much more. This guide contains information about the most important points where the teaching and learning process intersects with the administrative regulations and procedures of the institution. In most cases, we have expressed this information in an easy to use question-and-answer format.
Please feel free to contact our staff if you need advice or assistance. We are here to help.
- The University Course & Program Catalogue. As of the 2007-8 academic year, the print calendar has been discontinued in favour of the online Course & Program Catalogue.
- The Current Students’ website
- The Prospective Students’ website
- Regulations on Student Academic Dishonesty and on Student Conduct & Appeals
- Academic dishonesty Information for students
- The Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectiveness
- University Learning Centre
- University of Saskatchewan Language Centre
- University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union Academic Support Site
- University Library
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this handbook, please feel free to contact Jason Doell, Manager and Assistant Registrar (Academic), email@example.com, 966-1226.