The goals of the CIHR/HSFC Team in Synchrotron Medical Imaging are to:
• Apply advanced imaging techniques to develop an understanding of how different therapies, including stem cell treatments, can be applied or improved;
• Use new technology to visualize brain damage as it happens;
• Assess imaging techniques that use endogenous biomarkers to map brain damage, building the basis for non-invasive clinical applications;
• Compare new technologies for non-invasive pre-stroke preventative screening;
• Evaluate the effect of neuroprotective treatments in animal models; and
• Work towards the development of next generation computed tomography technology.