Dr. Michael Szafron
- (306) 966-5468
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Statistical methods associated with Monte Carlo data
- Computational biomodelling of the structure/function of biopolymers
- Statistical methods for the health sciences including survey data
- Determining the Type II topoisomerase-DNA interaction mechanism via studies of lattice models
- Determining the product distribution for a recombinase-DNA interaction mechanism via studies of lattice models
Recent Grants and Awards
- B. J. Davison, C. Gutwin, M. Szafron, and K. Visvanathan. Profiling Prostate Cancer Patients’ Preferences to Facilitate Treatment Decision Making . SHRF Establishment Grant. April 2012 to March 2015.
- P. Chilibeck, D. Candow, A. Baxter-Jones, S. Kontulainen, M. Szafron and G. Zello. Ibuprofen supplementation after resistance training and its effects on bone in older woman. Catalyst Grant: Drug Safety & Effectiveness in Underrepresented Population. CIHR. October 2012 to September 2013.
- B. J. Davison, C. Gutwin, K. Visvanathan, L. Holtslander, L. Raccine, and M. Szafron. Profiling Patient Preferences to Facilitate Treatment Decision Making. Canada’s Motorcycle Ride for DAD Prostate Cancer Research. September 2011 to August 2012.
- PUBH 805.3: Biostatistics for Public Health
- PUBH 804.3: Foundations for Public Health
- PUBH 898.3: Biostatistics for Public Health II
- C. Soteros and M. Szafron. Crossing-sign discrimination and knot-reduction for a lattice model of strand passage. Biochemical Society Transactions. (accepted January 8, 2013).
- C. Soteros, K. Ishihara, K. Shimokawa, M. Szafron, and M. Vazquez. Signed unknotting number and knot chirality discrimination via strand passage. Statistical Physics and Topology of Polymers with Ramifications to Structure and Function of DNA and Proteins; Aug 2-6, 2010; YITP, Kyoto. Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement. 191:78-95 (2011)
- Szafron, M. L. and Soteros, C. E. The effect of juxtaposition angle on knot reduction in a lattice model of strand passage, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 44 (2011) 322001
- Szafron, M. L. and Soteros, C. E. Knotting probabilities after a local strand passage in unknotted self-avoiding polygons, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 44 (2011) 245003