Vision and Mission
The School of Public Health at the University of Saskatchewan is committed to becoming a preeminent centre of learning in Canada, where innovative thinkers from diverse disciplines can work closely with each other and the public to understand and solve key population health issues. The School strives to become a model healthy community, based upon values of respect and integrity, collaboration among disciplines, environmental stewardship, social justice and sustainability.
The School will undertake this vision by:
- Conducting complex public health research within its unique areas of strength.
- Becoming the home of several outstanding research units and a destination for scholars from around the world.
- Incorporating creative and flexible teaching methods and technologies.
- Excelling in its connectedness to the community.
- Engaging students, faculty and community members and leaders, in local and international settings, to help shape public health interventions.
The School of Public Health’s mission is to improve the health of individuals and communities through the creation, dissemination and application of public health knowledge, the education of leaders, social change, partnerships with service providers, and service to the broader community.