Applicants for the PhD in Epidemiology Program are selected on the basis of academic and research potential as demonstrated by academic credentials, letters of reference, and past experience and scholarly contributions.
Before you apply online it is important that you find a potential supervisor to help oversee your graduate program and whom you are likely to invite to serve as your PhD thesis supervisor.
Be sure to look at faculty, joint and adjunct faculty members of the School of Public Health Meet the Faculty
If you find a potential supervisor that you are interested in working with, please contact them directly. They may ask you for your CV, letter of intent and copy of your transcripts.
Once you have received an expression of interest from a potential supervisor send it to email@example.com
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE STEPS ABOVE, please submit the following to complete your application:
- A GSR Online Application form from the College of Graduate Studies and Research accompanied by a $90.00 application fee;
- Two official copies of all post-secondary transcripts (sent directly from the institution)
- A current curriculum vitae
- A brief statement of academic interest (approximately 1-3 pages in length) which should include:
- Specific areas of interest that could lead to a thesis topic;
- A statement of education and employment history and how it relates proposed study of Epidemiology and Public Health;
- A description of your educational and career goals; and
- An assessment of how the PhD Program in Epidemiology will help achieve these goals.
- 3 letters of recommendation. At least two of these letters should be from a professor acquainted with the applicant’s previous scholarly work, while other letters may comment on the student’s preparation for continuing studies through his/her work experience.
- Proof of Academic English competency (for details of this requirements, please go to: English Competency
Supporting documentation should be sent to:PhD Program in Epidemiology,School of Public Health,University of SaskatchewanE Wing Health Sciences104 Clinic PlaceSaskatoon, SK Canada S7N 2Z4
If you have any questions, please contact our Graduate Program at firstname.lastname@example.org