Janice MacKinnon, PhD, FRSCProfessor, School of Public Health
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada (FRSC)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Queen's University
- Master of Arts (MA), Queen's University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Western Ontario
- Chair, Institute for Research on Public Policy
- Chair, Investment Saskatchewan
- Board Member, Canada West Foundation
- Board Member, International Road Dynamics
- Board Member, Canadian Life and Health Insurance Ombudservice
Between 1991 and 2001 Dr. MacKinnon was a cabinet minister in Saskatchewan and held various portfolios including Minister of Finance, Minister of Social Services, Minister of Economic Development, and Government House leader. During her tenure as Finance Minister Saskatchewan became the first government in Canada to balance its budget in the 1990s.
Phone: (306) 966-5661
Areas of Research Interest
- Fiscal policy
- Health policy
- Federal-provincial relations
- Saskatchewan Order of Merit, 2011
- J. MacKinnon. "Fiscal Policy and Social Policy", Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. 2002-07
- J. MacKinnon (2003). Minding the Public Purse: The Fiscal Crisis, Political Trade-Offs, and Canada's Future, McGill-Queen's University Press.
- J. Potter-MacKinnon (2003). While the Women Only Wept: Loyalist Refugee Women in Eastern Ontario, McGill-Queen's University Press.
- J. Potter (1983). The Liberty We Seek: Loyalist Ideology in Colonial New York and Massachusetts, Harvard University Press.
- PUBP 802.3 - Fiscal Policy and Federal-Provincial Relations