- Spatial statistics and disease mapping
- Statistical methods for survival and longitudinal data
- Environmental and ecological statistics
- Infectious disease surveillance
- Functional data analysis
- PUBH 805 - Biostatistics for Public Health
- PUBH 842 - Current Biostatistical Methods and Computer Applications
Recent grants and awards
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Discovery Grant and Early Career Research Supplement. Role: Principal Applicant. Term: 2013-2018.
- Phase Two SHRF Health Research Group Grant Safe Water for Health Research Team (SWHRT). Role: Co-investigator. Principal Applicant: Lalita Bharadwaj and Cheryl Waldner, University of Saskatchewan. Term: 2013-2016.
Feng, C.X. (2015). Bayesian joint modeling of correlated counts data with application to adverse birth outcomes. Journal of Applied Statistics, 42(6), Jan2015
Zhang, Y. +, Feng, C.X. +, Ma, C.N. , Yang, P., Tang, S., Lau, A., Sun, W.J. and Wang, Q.Y. (2015). The impact of temperature and humidity measures on H7N9 outbreak - evidence from China. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 30:122-4, Jan2015 +Equally contributed.Bermedo-Carrasco, S., Feng, C.X., Nicolás Peña-Sánchez, J. and Lepnurm, R. (2014) Predictors of having heard about human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination among Colombian women: factors for cervical cancer prevention. Gaceta Sanitaria. 2015 Mar-Apr;29(2):112-7
Li, L., Qiu, S., Zhang, B., and Feng, C.X. (2015). Approximating Cross-validatory Predictive Evaluation in Bayesian Latent Variables Models with Integrated IS and WAIC. [published online by Statistics and Computing on 2015 June].
Zhang, Y., Shen, Z.X., Ma, C.N., Feng, C.X., Shankar, N., Svendsen, E.R., Tang, S., Peng, Y., Sun, W.J. and Wang, Q.Y. (2015). Cluster of human infections with avian influenza A (H7N9) cases: a temporal and spatial analysis International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 12(1), 816-828, 2015
Duff P, Shoveller J, Chettiar J, Feng, C.X., Nicoletti R, Shannon K. Sex Work and Motherhood: Social and Structural Barriers to Health and Social Services for Pregnant and Parenting Street and Off-Street Sex Workers.(2015) Health Care Women. 2015 Sep;36(9):1039-55
Muldoon KA, Deering KN, Feng, C.X., Shoveller JA, Shannon K. (2015) Sexual relationship power and intimate partner violence among sex workers with non-commercial intimate partners in a Canadian setting. AIDS Care. 27(4), 2015
Deering KN, Montaner JS, Chettiar J, Jia J, Ogilvie G, Buchner C, Feng, C.X., Strathdee SA, Shannon K. Successes and gaps in uptake of regular, voluntary HIV testing for hidden street- and off-street sex workers in Vancouver, Canada.(2015) AIDS Care. 2015;27(4):499-506
Xu, T., Lin, D., Liang, H., Chen, M., Tong, W., Mu, Y., Feng, C.X., Gao, Y., Zheng, Y. and Sun, W. The association between season of pregnancy and birth-sex among Chinese. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. [2014; Aug11(8):8166-74]Hadland, S.E., DeBeck, K., Kerr, T., Feng, C.X., Montaner, J.S. and Wood, E. (2014) Prescription opioid injection and risk of hepatitis C in relation to traditional drugs of misuse in a prospective cohort of street youth. BMJ Open. [2014 Jul 21;4(7)]