Graduate Studies Policies
Memorandum of Agreement between St. Andrew's College and the
College of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Saskatchewan
The purpose of this agreement is to expedite registration procedures concerning master's level or graduate level students enrolled at affiliated educational institutions. This will encourage a cooperative relationship and an efficient sharing of resources for mutual benefit.
- The student must have completed the equivalent of four years of post secondary education, must be enrolled in a Master's level degree program and be in good standing at one of the institutions which are party to this agreement.
- The student must have the signed consent of both the host institution (the institution offering the desired course) and the home institution (the institution providing the degree).
- The course sought must be taught at the Master's level.
- The total number of courses taken by any one student through this agreement may not exceed 20% of the course work required for the degree.
- Where a student wishes to pursue a course of independent study under the supervision of a professor in the host institution, this is at the discretion of the professor and requires the professor's written consent.
Responsibilities of Home and Host Institutions, and Students
- It is the responsibility of the home institution to ensure the eligibility of students who wish to participate in this agreement.
- It is the responsibility of the host institution to provide adequate instruction, library and research facilities for students covered by this agreement and other services normally enjoyed by students enrolled in the programs offered by the host institution.
- It is the responsibility of the student to undertake and complete all assignments required for successful completion of the desired course.
Students covered by this agreement will pay tuition for the desired course and appropriate incidental fees at the host institution. Following completion of the course, at the student's request, a single transcript of the mark will be sent for no additional charge, by the host institution to the home institution for the purposes of credit transfer.