Professor of Church and Society
Office Phone: 306-966-8979
BA (Hons) 1990, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
MDiv 1995, St. Andrew’s College, Saskatoon
MA 2002, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto (OISE/UT)
PhD 2008, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto (OISE/UT)
Research and Teaching Interests: Anti-oppressive education; critical race theories; feminism and gender studies; social ethics; adult education and lifelong learning; qualitative research; cultural studies; interlocking equity issues (race, gender identity, sexual diversity, disability, class); critiques of settler colonialism; national and regional mythologies; nostalgia, public memory and commemoration; community engaged learning; academic skills support and development.
- Caldwell, Lynn, Carrianne Leung and Darryl Leroux eds. Critical Inquiries: A Reader in Studies of Canada, Fernwood Publishing, 2013.
- Caldwell, Lynn, “Unsettling the Middle Ground: Could the World Use a More Questionable Saskatchewan?” in Caldwell, Lynn, Carrianne Leung and Darryl Leroux, eds. Critical Inquiries: A Reader in Studies of Canada, Fernwood Publishing, 2013.
- Caldwell, Lynn, “St. Andrew’s College Integration Seminar: Interdisciplinary Action-Reflection Methods for Sustained Conversations.” Teaching Theology and Religion, 14:3, July 2011.
- Caldwell, Lynn. Review of Resistance: The New Role of Progressive Christians, John R. Cobb, Jr., ed. Touchstone, Vol. 28 No. 3, September 2010.
- Caldwell, Lynn and Christopher Lind. “An Ambiguous Inheritance: Church in Saskatchewan,” in Jene Porter, ed., Perspectives of Saskatchewan 1905-2005, Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 2008.
Professional and Academic Background:
- Program Coordinator, Alberta Youth Animation Project on Southern Africa (AYAPSA), 1995-1997;
- Saskatchewan Conference Program Staff, 1997-2000;
- Distance Education Assistant and Online Instructor, St. Andrew’s College, 2000-2006;
- Staff Associate, Elrose Pastoral Charge Summer 2001;
- Leadership Development Module Facilitator and Field Placement Coordinator, Centre for Christian Studies, Summers 2002 and 2003;
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Canadian Studies, University of Toronto, 2005-2008;
- Academic and Cultural Support Centre Advisor, OISE/UT, 2007-2008;
- Sessional Lecturer (Sociology, Educational Foundations, Academic Transition), University of Saskatchewan and St. Thomas More College, 2008-2015