To enter the Designated Lay Ministry Program you must have completed:
• One year’s discernment in your home congregation (where you are a member)
• Interviews with presbytery and Conference
• Have an appointment at a Supervised Ministry Education (learning) site of at least 50 per cent time or be in the process of finding/finalizing an appointment
• A prerequisite (there are four ways to meet this prerequisite)
- Successful completion of a Licensed Lay Worship Leader (LLWL) course
- or Successful completion of the Learning on Purpose module (formerly Leadership Development Module) through the Centre for Christian Studies
- or Successful completion of a lay certificate in theology from a United Church theological program
- or Prior learning assessment
For more information or to apply to the DLM Program at St. Andrew’s College contact program director Jennifer Janzen-Ball by email or by calling (306) 966- 8943. An application package that will be sent to you after you have talked with the director. Pulling together all the pieces for the application package can take some time, so applicants should make a point of making contact early in the process.
We look forward to being part of your theological education and ministry journey!
Download an overview, including the cost to students, of the Designated Lay Ministry Program