University of Saskatchewan

Obtaining Animal Care Approval

The ATRF follows and will enforce Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) regulations and the University of Saskatchewan policy on Care and Use of Animals in Research ( 

The University Committee on Animal Care and Supply (UCACS) is the local regulating body of the CCAC and their approval must be obtained prior to initiating a project using any vertebrate species in the ATRF.    

UCACS application forms can be found here: 

A list of UCACS submission deadlines and project review can be found here: