Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences
University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phone: (306) 966-7350
- B.Sc., D.V.M., M.Sc. (Sask.), Ph.D. (Cincinnati)
- TOX 461.3 Applied Toxicology
- TOX 412.3 Toxicology of Industrial Pollutants
- TOX 860.3 Applied Toxicology
- VBMS 833.3 Subclinical Toxicology
- Effects of pesticide exposure during gestation on immune function.
- Cholinesterase inhibition in birds following exposure to anticholinesterase agents.
- Immunotoxicology related to metal exposure.
- Diagnostic veterinary toxicology.
- Nutritional toxicology related to Fusarium and ergot mycotoxins.
Vanessa Cowan, Barry Blakley. Acute Lead Poisoning in Western Canadian Cattle – A 16-Year Retrospective Study of Diagnostic Case Records. The Canadian Veterinary Journal. 2016; 57:421-426.
Stephanie Coufal-Majewski, Kim Stanford, Tim McAllister, Barry Blakley, John McKinnon, Alexandre Vieira Chaves, Yuxi Wang. Impacts of Cereal Ergot in Food Animal Production. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. http:// dx.doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2016.00015.
Vanessa Cowan, Barry Blakley. Characterizing 1341 Cases of Veterinary Toxicoses Confirmed in Western Canada: A 16-year Retrospective Study. The Canadian Veterinary Journal. 2016:57:53-58.
Vanessa E. Cowan, Barry R. Blakley. A Retrospective Study of Canine Strychnine Poisonings from 1998 to 2013 in Western Canada. The Canadian Veterinary Journal. 2015; 56:587-590.
V.E. Cowan, B.R. Blakley. A Retrospective Study of cases of Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Poisonings in the Coyote (Canis latrans) and the Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) in the Canadian Prairies. Journal of Clinical Toxicology. 2015;5.2 http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4172/2161-0495.1000235.
V.E. Cowan, Cheryl L. Waldner, Barry Blakley. Evaluating Micronutrient Concentrations in Liver Samples from Abortions, Stillbirths, and Neonatal and Postnatal Losses in Beef Cows. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 2014; 26:376-389.