College of Pharmacy and Nutrition
110 Science Place
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phone: (306) 966-6368
- Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA (2002)
- MSc. (Vet. Physiological Sciences), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada (1997)
- DVM. Western College of Veterinary Medicine, Saskatoon, SK (1994)
- BSc. (Biology), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada (1989)
- PHAR 841.3 Selected Topics in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- PHAR 848.3 Advanced Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics
- PHAR 854.3 Metabolic Transformations of Xenobiotics
- Investigations into the determinants of neonatal exposure risk when breastfeeding mothers require medications.
- Investigations into the health benefits of flaxseed lignans and their underlying mechanism(s) of action.
- Drug-nutrient interactions in the developing neonate.
- Inflammation-mediated changes in nutrient transporter expression in epithelial barriers.
Ling BB, Aziz C, Wojnarowicz C, Olkowski AA, Alcorn J (2010). Timing and Duration of Drug Exposure Affects Outcomes of a Drug Nutrient Interaction During Ontogeny. Pharmaceutics Special Issue 2(4), 321-338; doi:10.3390/pharmaceutics2040321
Ling BB, Chen L. Alcorn J, Ma B, Yang J (2010). Sphingosine-1-phosphate: a Potential Therapeutic Agent Against Human Breast Cancer (Accepted in Investigational New Drugs).
Mukker JK, Kotlyarova V, Singh RSP, Alcorn J (2010). HPLC method with fluorescence detection for the quantitative determination of flaxseed lignans. Journal of Chromatography B 878(30):3076-82.
Ling BB, Alcorn J (2010). Lactation-Stage Influences Drug Milk-to-Serum Values and Neonatal Exposure Risk. International Journal of Toxicology 29(4):411-7.
Ling BB and Alcorn J (2010) LPS-Induced Inflammation Downregulates Mammary Gland Glucose, Fatty Acid, and L-Carnitine Transporter Expression at Different Lactation Stages. Research in Veterinary Science 89(2):200-202.
Eichhorst J, Alcorn J, LePage J, Etter M, Antonishyn NA, Fitterer B, Birch DA, Agopsowicz KL Ruthnum, L, Greenberg CR, Lehotay DC (2010). Elevated neonatal 3-OH isovalerylcarnitine in maternal 3-MCC deficiency: Is it from breast milk? Molecular Genetics and Metabolism 101(1):84-86.
Adolphe JL, Whiting SJ, Juurlink BH, Thorpe LU, Alcorn J (2010). Health Effects with Consumption of the Flax Lignan Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside. British Journal of Nutrition 103(7):929-38.
Gilchrist SE, Alcorn J (2010). Lactation stage-dependent expression of drug transporters in rat whole mammary gland and primary mammary epithelial organoids. Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology 24:205-214.
Chen L, Ling BB, Alcorn J, Yang J. (2009) Analysis of the Expression of Human N-myristoyltransferase 1 (hNMT-1) in Cancers. Open Biomarkers Journal 2:6-10.
Elbarbry FA, Alcorn J (2009) Ontogeny of glutathione and glutathione-related antioxidant enzymes in rat liver. Research in Veterinary Science 87(2):242-4.
Felmlee MA, Woo, G. Simko E, Krol ES, Muir AD, Alcorn J. (2009) Effects of the flaxseed lignans secoisolariciresinol diglucoside and its aglycone on serum and hepatic lipids in hyperlipidemic rats. British Journal of Nutrition 102(3):361-9.
Ling BB and Alcorn J (2008) Acute administration of Cefepime lowers L-carnitine concentrations in early lactation stage rat milk. Journal of Nutrition 138:1317-1322.
Alcorn, J and McNamara PJ (2008). Using ontogeny information to build predictive models for drug elimination. Drug Discovery Today 13(11-12):507-512.
Alcorn J., Elbarbry FA, Allouh MZ, McNamara PJ. (2007). Evaluation of the Assumptions of an Ontogeny Model of Rat Hepatic Cytochrome P450 Activity Drug Metabolism and Disposition 35(12):2225-31.