Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences
52 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phone: (306) 966-7358
B.A., M.Sc., Ph.D. (Saskatchewan)
- TOX 836.5 General Toxicology I (Toxicokinetics section of team taught course)
- TOX 837.5 General Toxicology II (Cardiovascular Toxicology section of team taught course)
- VBMS 221.8 Physiology I (Course Coordinator, Cardiovascular section of team taught course)
- VBMS 834.6 Physiology I (Cardiovascular section of team taught course)
- VBMS 324.3 Animal Physiology I (Haematology, Cardiovascular section of team taught course)
- BIOL 217.3 Introductory Animal Physiology (Neurophysiology and Special Senses section of team taught course)
- Toxic effects of polonium-210 alpha radiation on human and animal systems using models of bovine, porcine and human endothelial cells, and bovine pulmonary epithelial cells.
- Endothelial dysfunction in hypertension and diabetes.
- Endothelial dysfunction associated with free radical injury.
- βFGF activity and heparan sulphate depletion associated with diabetic microvascular complications.
- The role of heparanase.
- Studies in endothelial cell cultures and in a rat model of hyperglycemia.
- Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic studies of oral heparins and related glycosaminoglycans.
Thomas, P., B. Tracy, T. Ping, M.. Wickstrom, N. Sidhu and L. Hiebert. 2003. Relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of polonium-210 alpha-particles vs. X-rays on lethality in bovine endothelial cells. Int. J. Radiat. Biol. 79(2): 107-118.
Hiebert, L.M. 2002. Oral heparins. Clin. Lab. 48: 111-116.
Hiebert, L.M., S.M. Wice, T. Ping, R.E. Hileman, T. Polat and R.J. Linhardt. 2002. Tissue distribution of [14C] sucrose octasulfate following oral administration to rats. Pharmaceut. Res. 19(6): 838-844.
Ram, J.I. and L.M. Hiebert. 2001. Marked variation in free radical injury between bovine and porcine endothelial cells cultured in different medium. In Vitro Mol. Toxicol. 14(3): 209-217.
Hiebert, L.M., S.M. Wice, T. Ping, D. Herr and V. Laux. 2001. Antithrombotic efficacy of the low molecular weight heparin, reviparin sodium, administered by the oral route. Thromb. Haemostasis 85: 114-118.