Program Chair, Undergraduate Program
University of Saskatchewan, 44 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Phone: (306) 966-7446
- B.Sc. (Biola), M.Sc., D.V.M. (Washington), Ph.D. (Illinois)
- TOX 321.3 Risk Assessment and Regulatory Toxicology
- TOX 403.3 Biotoxins
- TOX 840.3 Wildlife Toxicology
- TOX 860.3 Applied Toxicology (wildlife toxicology section)
- VBMS 424.2 Veterinary Toxicology (poisonous plants section)
- Effects of oil field emissions on immune function and reproduction in beef cattle and wild birds.
- Genotoxic effects of exposure to oil field emissions in ground squirrels.
- Impacts of diamond mine waste water on tundra ecosystem health.
- Toxicity and bioavailability of lead to earthworms and wildlife on shooting ranges.
- Effects of herbicide exposure in ovo on embryonic development, immune function and DNA integrity in birds.
- Amphibians as indicators of habitat quality in oil sands-impacted wetlands.
Bollinger, T.K., P. Mineau and M.L. Wickstrom. 2005. Toxicity of sodium chloride to house sparrows (Passer domesticus). J. Wildl. Dis. 41: 363-370.
Froese, J.M.W., J.E.G. Smits and M.L. Wickstrom. 2005. Evaluation of two methods for measuring nonspecific immunity in tiger salamanders (Ambystoma tigrinum). J. Wildl. Dis. 41: 209-217.
Booth, L.H., F. Palasz, C. Darling, R.P. Lanno and M.L. Wickstrom. 2003. The effect of lead-contaminated soil from Canadian prairie skeet ranges on the neutral red retention assay and fecundity in the earthworm Eisenia fetida. Environ. Tox. Chem. 22: 2446-2453.
Thomas, P., B. Tracy, T. Ping, M. Wickstrom, N. Sidhu and L. Hiebert. 2003. Relative biological effectiveness (RBE) of polonium-210 alpha particles versus X-rays on lethality in bovine endothelial cells. Int. J. Radiat. Biol. 79: 107-118.
Wickstrom, M. and B. Blakley. 2002. Equine toxicosis: investigative strategies and approaches for performance horses. Clin. Tech. Eq. Pract. 1: 53-57.
Rogers, V.V., M. Wickstrom, K. Liber and M.D. MacKinnon. 2002. Acute and subchronic mammalian toxicity of naphthenic acids from oil sands tailings. Toxicol. Sci. 66: 347-355.
Cook, C.J., C.T. Eason, M. Wickstrom and C.D. Devine. 2000. Development of antidotes for sodium monofluoroacetate (1080). Biomarkers 6: 72-78.