What Learning Community courses best fit your academic goals and interests? We recommend that you consider your Learning Community options, then email a First-Year Academic Advisor in your College with specific questions and to schedule your advising session.
Email a First-Year Academic Advisor:
- College of Agriculture & Bioresources - email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 306.966.6646
- College of Arts & Science First-Year Advising - email: email@example.com tel: 306.966.8793
- College of Arts & Science Academic Advisor for Aboriginal Student Achievement Program - email: ASAO@arts.usask.ca tel: 306.966.4754
- College of Kinesiology - email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 306.966.1101
- College of Engineering - email: email@example.com tel: 306.966.5274
- Saint Thomas More College - email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com tel: 1-800-667-2019
Visit the UofS Academic Advising website for more information on Academic Advising in your College.
Contact Learning Communities:
General Inquiries about AgBio, Eng, Kin, and Living LCs:
Email Learning Communities
|Joel Fonstad, Coordinator, Academic Transition and First-Year Enrichment Programs|
Joel Fonstad joined the University Learning Centre staff full time in 2010 as one of the Coordinators of the Learning Communities program after having worked in various capacities as a graduate student in the unit from 2008. In his MA (English) research, he studied the process of adaptation in relation to the headless horseman myth. He is happy to be currently working in a position where he gets to study the process of adaptation in relation to academic transition, student resilience, and motivation for learning. Joel has been known to work on the side as a Sessional Lecturer, teaching English and INTS 100 (Learning to Learn). According to one student evaluation, “Fonstad is fairly interesting, funny, and looks like David Spade.” He has resigned himself to the possibility that all three of these assertions are true.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 306.966.8057
|Dawn Pratt, Academic Enrichment Programs Coordinator|
Dawn Pratt joined the University Learning Centre (ULC) in the summer of 2013 as the Academic Transition Programs Coordinator assisting with the coordination of the Learning Communities program; she was involved in the program in the previous year, as an Alumni Namesake Mentor. For her Master of Science in Chemistry, she developed polymeric structures for contaminant removal from an aqueous solution; i.e. remediation of water. Dawn brings her scientific mind to the development of ideas for programs. Dawn enjoys engaging people on environmental topics, spreading her love for math and science, and mentoring students.
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 306.966.7771