The LC application system will be closed at 8:30 AM on July 10th. All remaining seats will be released following that time and you will no longer be able to sign up for a Learning Community.
The Learning Communities Application System will be unavailable from Friday, June 26th @ 4:30 PM until the morning of Sunday, June 28th. This downtime is due to routine maintenance and the system will be available Sunday morning. Thank you for your patience.
Stay tuned! First-Year Learning Communities will be offered in the following colleges in the 2015-2016 academic year: Arts and Science, St. Thomas More, Kinesiology, Agriculture and Bioresources, and Engineering. Click HERE for more information about Learning Communities and why you should join. Be sure to check back for updated information as LC sign-up nears (Sign-up begins May 11th).
- Meet people who are in a set of classes with you.
- Get insider advice from successful upper year students.
- Feel connected to the campus community.
- Learn about campus resources to get you through the first year and beyond.
- Experience a smoother social and academic transition.
- Bonus! Registration into a set of courses towards your degree!
Taking that Big Step? Why not take it with other students just like you!
The first year of university can be intimidating, but signing up for a First-Year Learning Community can help you
- connect with other students who have common interests and goals
- develop skills to master your academic environment
- explore new ideas, interests and
- learn from your peers, in first year like you and upper years
We are in the process of creating the schedules for Fall 2014 Learning Communities.
Please see the 2014-2015 Learning Communities page for course combinations.
If you want to know more about what and when Learning Communities will be offered, join our newsletter mailing list.
Fill out the quick form in the right-hand column, and have LC news delivered to your inbox!