Though designed for people immigrating from other countries, the Saskatchewan Immigration website has a lot of helpful information, even for a Canadian resident:
- finding a place to live
- signing up for power, telephone, and, if you so choose, cable and a cell phone
- how to get your Saskatchewan Health Card
- your Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence
Remember that as a full-time University of Saskatchewan student you automatically have health and dental coverage, unless you choose to opt out.
Be aware that the University of Saskatchewan uses a percentage scale (0-100%) to grade; we don’t use letters or the four point system.
We may also do other things differently from how you’re used to doing them, so don’t be afraid to ask questions so that you know what to expect.
Additional helpful links
- Government of Saskatchewan website regarding moving to Saskatchewan
- USSU Housing registry
- Sasktel offers telephone, cable, internet and cell phone services
- Shaw Cable offers telephone, internet and cable services
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) for vehicle and home insurance, as well as your driver's licence.