- Tech Help workshops are offered by University Learning Centre peer mentors during Term 1 and 2.
- iUsask is the University of Saskatchewan's free application for iPod Touch and iPhone. Keep track of your classes, grades, the library catalogue, the latest campus news, and other things while on the go.
- You can create your own blog or your own web page using University technologies.
- The U of S has an agreement with Lynda.com that students, faculty and staff can view thousands of "how to" videos for free. Learn various skills such as project management, software applications, creative techniques or how to use Twitter. Visit lynda.usask.ca.
Did you know:
- All students have access to Free Wireless Internet on campus. To purchase a high-speed Internet package off campus in your home visit the Campus Computer Store located in Lower Place Riel. They offer student rates through Sasktel or Shaw.
- Concerned about computer viruses? You can get free anti-virus software -click on the link for your computer (Mac/Windows/etc.) under “In This Section” -this is not suitable for dial-up internet, however, To get advice on a current virus contact ICT services: www.usask.ca/ict In Person: Room 70 ARTS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can sign up to receive text messages from the U of S for crucial information? You can set this up through PAWS. It is available only for Canadian cell phone providers