Academic Programs Committee of Council
- Year at a glance memo for 2013-14
- Meeting agendas and attachments
- Chart for Approval of Academic and Curricular Changes at the U of S
- University Course Challenge
- Procedures for academic and curricular changes
- Portal for submission of curricular changes
- Nomenclature Report 2011
- Academic Courses Policy
- Admissions Policy
- List of Academic Programs at the U of S
For specific advice, information or assistance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Programs Committee Terms of Reference:
The Academic Programs Committee is responsible for:
- Recommending to Council policies and procedures related to academic programs and sustaining program quality.
- Recommending to Council on new programs, major program revisions and program deletions, including their budgetary implications.
- Approving minor program changes, including additions of new courses and revisions to or deletions of existing courses and reporting them to Council.
- Considering outreach and engagement aspects of programs.
- Reporting to Council processes and outcomes of academic program review, following consultation with Planning and Priorities and other Council committees as appropriate.
- Undertaking the academic and budgetary review of proposals for the establishment, disestablishment or amalgamation of any college, school, department or any unit responsible for the administration of an academic program and forwarding recommendations to the Planning and Priorities Committee.
- Undertaking the academic and budgetary review of the proposed or continuing affiliation or federation of other institutions with the University and forwarding recommendations to the Planning and Priorities Committee.
- Reporting to Council on the academic implications of admission standards .
- Approving the annual academic schedule and reporting the schedule to Council for information and recommending to Council substantive changes in policy governing dates for the academic sessions.
- Approving minor changes (such as wording and renumbering) to rules governing examinations and reviewing and recommending to Council substantive changes.
- Recommending to Council classifications and conventions for instructional programs.