Academic Programs Committee ReportsUNIVERSITY COUNCIL
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS COMMITTEE
FOR INFORMATION ONLY
PRESENTED BY: __________________________
Geoff Hughes, Chair, Academic Programs Committee
DATE OF MEETING: Dec. 19, 2002
SUBJECT: Items for Information
Program and Course Approvals
Under the authority delegated to it by Council last April, the Academic Programs Committee has approved the following minor program revisions:
College of Kinesiology
Changes to the BSc(Kin) program, Exercise and Sports Studies specialization
- reduction of 3 credit units to BSc(Kin) degree from 129 to 126 credit units
- changes in course and program requirements as described in attached proposal
- new courses associated with these program changes: KIN 150, 210, 341, 380, 481, KINAC 200.
College of Nursing
Changes to the BSN program:
- addition of 6 credit units to the BSN degree (Nursing Education Program of Saskatchewan) from 123 credit units to 129 credit units.
- new courses associated with these program changes: N 291, 292, 293, 294
Under the approval procedure described in the 2001 Nomenclature Report, the Committee has approved the double-listing of MATH 315.3 / CH E 477.3 Applications of Numerical Methods.
The Committee is considering the following proposals for recommendations to the Planning Committee:
- College of Education: new Program for Post-Degree Certificate in Special Education.
- College of Arts and Science: new Field of Specialization in Indigenous Peoples and Justice as part of the BA Four-year and Honours programs in Public Administration and in Sociology, plus Second Degree combined program with Law
The Committee is also considering the following proposals for approval:
- College of Kinesiology: changes in Physical Education specialization
- College of Graduate Studies and Research: change of name for Masterï¿½s degree program in Anthropology
- College of Arts and Science: Cooperative Education program option in Biotechnology
A report on definitions for Service Courses is being developed.
COUNCIL ACTION: For information only
College of Kinesiology proposal for changes to Exercise and Sport Studies specialization
College of Nursing proposal for changes to BSN program