Planning and Priorities Committee
SUBCOMMITTEES of the PLANNING AND PRIORITIES COMMITTEE:
COMMITTEE REFERENCE MATERIAL:
Notice of Intent for new programs
Name Change Form for change of department and college names
INFORMATION ON ASSESSMENT
INFORMATION ON CAPITAL PLANNING AND PROJECTS
PLANNING AND PRIORITIES COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE:
The Planning and Priorities Committee of Council is responsible for:
- Conducting and reporting to Council on university-wide planning and review activities in consultation with the Provost and Vice-President (Academic).
- Evaluating College and Unit plans and reporting the conclusions of those evaluations to Council.
- Recommending to Council on academic priorities for the University .
- Recommending to Council on outreach and engagement priorities for the University.
- Seeking advice from other Council committees to facilitate university-wide academic planning.
- Recommending to Council on the establishment, disestablishment or amalgamation of any college, school, department or any unit responsible for the administration of an academic program, with the advice of the Academic Programs Committee.
- Balancing academic and fiscal concerns in forming its recommendations.
- Providing advice to the President on budgetary implications of the Operations Forecast and reporting to Council.
- Considering the main elements of the Operating Budget and the Capital Budget and reporting to Council.
- Advising the Academic Programs Committee on the fit with University priorities and the general budgetary appropriateness of proposals for new academic programs and program deletions.
- Integrating and recommending to Council on matters referred to it from other Council committees.
- Advising the President and senior executive on operating and capital budgetary matters, including infrastructure and space allocation issues, referred from time to time by the President, providing the advice is not inconsistent with the policies of Council. The Planning and Priorities Committee will report to Council on the general nature of the advice and, where practicable, obtain the guidance of Council. However, the Committee need not disclose to Council matters the disclosure of which would be inimical to the interests of the University.