Research, Scholarly and Artistic Work Committee
Meetings and agendas (for members)
Terms of reference (as revised June, 2013)
The Research, Scholarly and Artistic Work Committee is responsible for:
- Recommending to Council on issues and strategies to support research, scholarly and artistic work.
- Recommending to Council on policies and issues relating to research integrity and ethics in the conduct of research, scholarly and artistic work.
- Recommending to Council and providing advice to the Vice-President Research on community engagement and knowledge translation activities related to research, scholarly and artistic work.
- Providing advice to the Vice-President Research and reporting to Council on issues relating to the granting agencies which provide funding to the University.
- Providing advice to the Vice-President Research, the Vice-Provost Teaching and Learning, and Dean of Graduate Studies and Research on the contributions of undergraduate and graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to the research activity of the University.
- Examining proposals for the establishment of any institute or centre engaged in research, scholarly or artistic work at the University and providing advice to the Planning and Priorities Committee of Council.
- Receiving annual reports from the Vice-President Research and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research.
- Receiving and reporting to Council the University's research ethics boards' annual reports.
- Deisgnating individuals to act as representatives of the committee on any other bodies, when requested, where such representation is deemed by the committee to be beneficial.