Research, Scholarly and Artistic Work Committee
Meetings and agendas (for members)
Terms of reference
The Research, Scholarly and Artistic Work Committee is responsible for:
- Recommending to Council on research policy, scholarly and artistic work.
- Recommending to Council on issues relating to the conduct of research, scholarly and artistic work and its translation within the University and community.
- Recommending to Council on policies and issues related to ethics in the conduct of research, scholarly and artistic work.
- Promoting and recognizing opportunities for community engagement and partnership within the research, scholarly and artistic work activites of the University.
- Providing advice on issues relating to the granting agencies which provide funding to the University.
- Examining proposals for the establishment of any institute engaged in research, scholarly or artistic work at the University, and providing advice to the Planning and Priorities Committees of Council.
- Receiving an annual report on matters related to research from the Office of Research Services, the Vice-President (Research), and the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research.