University of Saskatchewan Policies
|Category:||Health, Safety and Environment|
|Responsibility:||Vice-President (Finance & Resources)|
|Authorization:||Board of Governors|
|Approval Date:||December 1997|
|Reformatted:||March 30, 2001|
To enhance employee well being, comfort, efficiency and productivity. To ensure that University standards of quality and sound ergonomic principles are adhered to, in order to minimize risk of personal injury and disability. To minimize demands on University budgets arising from productivity loss, costs associated with the maintenance and replacement of furniture and Worker's Compensation and liability claims.
- Approval authority for the purchase, modification and fabrication of furniture is delegated to the Facilities Management Division, in consultation with the Department of Health, Safety and Environment .
- Responsibility for the procurement of approved furniture is delegated to Facilities Management Division.
- In this policy, furniture is defined as being movable and not permanently fixed to buildings.
- Requests for the purchase, modification or fabrication of furniture are to be made on a properly completed Purchase Requisition form and sent to the Facilities Management Division, Architectural Services for approval.
- Facilities Management, Architectural Services, in consultation with the Department of Health, Safety and Environment, will give advice and make recommendations on types and models of furniture to be purchased or fabricated and on the modification of existing furniture.
Further details can be obtained from the Department of Health, Safety and Environment.
Contact: Director, Workplace Safety and Environmental Protection (966-8495)
Copyright 2007, University of Saskatchewan
We welcome your comments about this web site.
The University does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this collection of policies.
Please view our disclaimer.