University of Saskatchewan Policies
|Category:||Operations and General Administration|
|Responsibility:||Associate Vice-President (Financial Services)|
|Authorization:||Board of Governors|
|Approval Date:||March 30, 2001|
To provide a more effective, efficient and convenient process for facilitating small dollar purchases and their settlement.
PCards may be used by employees of the University authorized to purchase goods and/or services for University activities according to guidelines set out in the PCard Manual.
- A Card Application Form must be completed by the individual wishing to receive a PCard.
- The Financial Manager (person responsible for the account as designated by Financial Services) co-approves the PCard Application.
- The Dean/Head of the Administrative Unit and the Department Head co-approve the PCard Application for individuals who report to them.
- The PCard will not be released until the Cardholder attends a mandatory workshop on PCard usage and signs the Cardholder Agreement.
- Copies of the Cardholder Agreement will be sent to the Cardholder, Dean/Head of Administrative Unit, Department Head and Financial Manager. Payment Services will retain the original document.
- The Financial Manager is responsible to ensure purchases comply with general University policies. It is therefore recommended that the Financial Manager review and authorize the monthly PCard statement.
Contact: Director, Payment Services, Financial Services Division (966-4599)
Website: http://www.usask.ca/fsd/colleges_depts_research/buying_goods/index.php#pcard - user guide and related forms.
Copyright 2007, University of Saskatchewan
We welcome your comments about this web site.
The University does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this collection of policies.
Please view our disclaimer.