University of Saskatchewan Policies
Waiver of Tuition Fees for Senior Citizens
|Category:||Student Affairs and Activities|
|Responsibility:||Associate Vice-President (Financial Services)|
|Authorization:||Board of Governors|
|Approval Date:||August, 1980|
|Reformatted:||March 30, 2001|
To encourage senior citizens to utilize University facilities and resources by waiving tuition fees.
Tuition fees will be waived for persons 65 years of age or older, who are residents of Saskatchewan and who register in the following types of courses and programs:
- Regular sessions (Term 1 and Term 2): enrollment is limited to a maximum of 15 credits
- Evening or off-campus courses: enrollment limited to a maximum of 15 credits
- Intersession and summer session: enrollment limited to a maximum of 6 credits
- Non-Credit extension programs
- The Office of the Registrar will determine students who meet the eligible criteria. The Office of the Registrar will notify Financial Services Division so that the tuition fees can be waived.
- When a course has a stated minimum enrollment, seniors will be counted towards constituting that minimum.
- If a course is prescribed as having a maximum enrollment, then students who pay a fee will have first priority on enrollment in the course.
- When a course has a fixed minimum enrollment, a senior student wishing to be assured of a space in the course must pay the regular registration fee. If the maximum enrollment is not reached for paying students then the fee will be refunded.
- Students are responsible for any materials or laboratory fees, student fees and other class costs.
- Students applying for this waiver are required to provide proof of age. To qualify, they must reach age 65 by the date the class starts.
- The waiver does not apply to internships, co-operative placements, exchange programs, thesis or projects, supervision or maintenance of status for graduate students programs where tuition is assessed on a program basis, or courses offered as part of a contract.
Contact: Student Fees Supervisor, Employee and Student Accounts, Financial Services Division (966-4608)
Copyright 2007, University of Saskatchewan
We welcome your comments about this web site.
The University does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of this collection of policies.
Please view our disclaimer.