The Large Animal Medicine Service at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre provides outpatient and inpatient medical services to animals belonging to hospital clients and to clients who have been referred to WCVM by their local veterinarians.
Clinicians who are part of the Large Animal Medicine Service see out-patient cases for:
- physical examinations and vaccines
- bovine lameness examinations
- routine diagnostic procedures
More complex cases seen by the Large Animal Medicine Service may require hospitalization and more in-depth procedures or testing. Some of these cases include:
- calf scours
- extensive wound care and treatment
- upper respiratory diseases
- Cattle owners: Visit Appointments to book an appointment or call the Large Animal Clinic at 306-966-7178.
- Referring veterinarians: Visit Referring Veterinarians to submit an online referral form.