The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre's new Wellness Service offers preventive health care and disease surveillance for your healthy pets:
- Vaccinations and deworming
- Parasitic and infectious disease screening
- Nutrition assessment and counselling and weight loss planning
- Behaviour consultation
- Reproductive counselling
- Individualized health care planning
- Referrals to specialist services at the Veterinary Medical Centre
Your Family's Veterinary Centre
The Wellness Service is committed to customer service, disease prevention and long-term pet health. The service offers pet owners the comfort and familiarity of a family veterinarian within a referral hospital, allowing convenient access to specialty services for patients in need.
Support Future Veterinarians
The VMC's Wellness Service allows senior veterinary students to gain valuable experience and confidence in managing wellness cases, improving their readiness to join small or mixed animal practice after graduation.
- Wellness visits at the Veterinary Medical Centre are similar to those at a private veterinary clinic.
- Appointment times may vary from 30 to 60 minutes. The length of your visit may change depending on the student's experience level and the depth of discussion required.
- During your visit, you will meet with a senior veterinary student, a registered veterinary technologist (RVT) and a supervising veterinarian.
- Our team of qualified professionals will address your concerns and questions. Vaccinations, deworming and diagnostic testing will be recommended as appropriate for each pet.
The WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre's Wellness Service is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Visit Appointments or call the Small Animal Clinic reception desk at 306-966-7126 to make an appointment for your pet.
Information for New Clients
If you have never visited the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre before, please visit New Clients for information about our location, parking and other details.